[Xastir] Well, well well

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed Apr 30 11:11:33 EDT 2003

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, vic wrote:

> Following Mr Sytsma's advice, I deleted the entire xastir source tree and
> downloaded from cvs fresh AFTER rebuilding and installing ImageMagick from
> sourcess  (5.4.8)  from a src.rpm. 9:30 edt 04-029-03
>
> ran bootstrap.sh
> ran configure
> SUPRISE
> it's all there now!! imagick and ax25
> I see that the compile went fine also, will make install next...
>
> Thanks for the help..!!
> Yep, Xastir works fine again.
>
> ps.  that is weird.... I wonder what is really going on here...

Makes no sense to me.  I'll have to go back through your messages to
see what version of OS and what version of Xastir you're running.

Here's what should happen with the latest stuff:  If you start with
either "bootstrap.sh" or "configure" and follow the instructions
through, it will reconfigure for whatever libraries you currently
have installed (that it can find).

For earlier Xastir:  It didn't have bootstrap.sh, so you had to
start with "configure".  If you had run "configure" before, a lot of
the previous findings were stored in "config.cache".  If you changed
libraries around but forgot to delete "config.cache", it would never
find the new libraries.

The newer versions of Xastir don't keep that cache anymore, so that
part has become easier.  You should just have to re-run "configure"
after changing libraries around in order to pick up the new changes.

Because you have "bootstrap.sh", I'm a bit confused as to why
Xastir's configure didn't pick things up properly.  Maybe Jack has
some clues on this.

I'm very glad it works for you now.  One less problem to solve on
the mailing list!

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin