[Xastir] xastir woes / pk-88, tm-733, latest xastir- neither kiss nor tnc mode work.

Dave Smith fourwheeldave at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 9 00:22:02 EDT 2003

Hi,

I've actually battled it out with aprsd for some time
now and decided to give xastir a try because of the
serial kiss support.

To make a long story short:

With minicom, I can communicate perfectly to/from the
pk-88 and make contacts via the packet modem to
others. So the radio/packet interface is all working.

I can't seem to get xastir to hear whats coming in
from the tnc. I tried originally with a TNC serial
mode, using a slightly modified AEA .sys file (i just
removed stuff from the example that didnt work).  I
also just put the packet modem into KISS mode and
tried serial kiss mode.  Same results.

Any suggestions for what I can try?  I had set the
baud rate of the packet modem serial interface at 9600
using the * command, so I've been using 9600 since..
I've also tried 19200 and 1200 with KISS mode just to
see if that makes any difference and it has not.

FYI, running the program as root, so permissions to
the serial port shouldn't be a problem right now.

Thanks,
Dave