[Xastir] Help Installation RH9 and Xastir 1.2.0

Marcelo Cury marcelocury at msn.com
Sun Aug 10 07:19:18 EDT 2003

Dear Hams,
I am using xastir 1.2.0 and RH 9 ( 2.4.20.19-9 kernel version ).  According
to Xastir documentation step one, I got the source, exploded it and  after I
did: configure ...make ...make install. Xastir is running with Motif ( Help
menu window says ).
So I have decided install all libraries following the doc step by step. I
have installed libtiff, libproj with proj-nad, lib geotiff, festival,
imageclick. I checked for LD_LIBRARY_PATH during all processes when I was
logged as a regular user and as root. I checked the file /etc/ld.so.conf and
have inserted two lines /usr/local/ib and /usr/lib, and finnaly I made
/sbin/ldconfig when it was necessary acording to the doc. I had no error
messages or any unusual messages during all processes.
The issue ( and my challenge ... ) is when I made install the installation
did not recon the libraries axcept festival !!! And during the make process
I receive an error /usr/bin/ld  cannot find -bzl2. The point is I have the
zip2 or bzip2 ( I do  not remember the correct name ) installed !!!
Were is my mistakes ???!!! God, the entire setup has been been a chalenge
for me !
Thanks all
DE PY1TTO, Marcelo Cury
[Rio de Janeiro, Brazil]