[Xastir] Re: [Xastir-Dev] Surprise awaiting you in CVS...

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sun Aug 10 14:31:28 EDT 2003

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003, KC7ZRU wrote:

> Tonite's - granted not as many stations, just over 5k stations listed
> (60 minute history dump from my server) - gtop is showing, in the
> detailed view, %0.0! System view shows the same. I can only read that to
> mean that xastir's CPU usage is negligable - below some measureing
> threashold.

If you turn on dead reckoning at world view, you'll still get a bunch
of CPU used.  Leave that off though and you'll be near 0.0% most of
the time.  Guess what'll be my next target for optimization...

One of the other developers was talking about trying to do some
optimization on maps.  Once I get dead-reckoning working better I
might attack that as well.

I'm using "oprofile" to do the profiling.  Seems to work well, but I
had to install the next-to-last version on SuSE 7.3.  Latest version
of oprofile wouldn't configure/compile.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer