[Xastir] Re: [Xastir-Dev] Surprise awaiting you in CVS...

KC7ZRU kc7zru at arrl.net
Sun Aug 10 02:57:23 EDT 2003

Gerry Creager N5JXS wrote:

> Nice fix!

No kidding!!

Uptime of over 8 days prior to tonite's CVS update - gtop showed, in the
detailed view, upto %74 CPU use. That's with 14,442 stations. Gtop's
'system' view was only showing CPU percentages upto %15.

Running on a Celeron 450, 128 MB RAM.

Tonite's - granted not as many stations, just over 5k stations listed
(60 minute history dump from my server) - gtop is showing, in the
detailed view, %0.0! System view shows the same. I can only read that to
mean that xastir's CPU usage is negligable - below some measureing
threashold.

I'm not totally up on how gtop does all this - but even if those numbers
are within %15 or so of what's really going on, that's a WHALE of a
performance improvement!

Thanks Curt!!

:up: