[Xastir] CPU usage

Dick C. Reichenbach dreichen at columbus.rr.com
Wed Aug 13 18:09:28 EDT 2003

I've noticed signifigant improvements as well, perfmeter (a sun app, I
don't know if there is a linux equivilent) is showing much less CPU
spiking.  1.1.5 would cycle between 30% and 5%, CVS seems to cycle
between 3% and 1.5%.  It's a definate improvement.

On map redrawing?  Does the thread load the whole file first and then
work with it out of memory, or do you process the points as it is loaded
in?  Also, another point, I noticed that when I change scale from close
to far, If I have say, for example, Dayton.pdb, Columbus.pdb, and
Ohio.pdb active, and I zoom out to include Indiana.pdb, Kentucky.pdb,
and WestVirgina.pdb, it has to take the time to reload and reprocess,
Dayton, Columbus and Ohio.  Why?  If the map points are already loaded
in memory.

Dick Reichenbach - KC8OBZ