[Xastir] CPU usage

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Aug 13 02:42:44 EDT 2003

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, KC7ZRU - Tate wrote:

> I've over 10K stations listed now. Using gtop to view CPU usage, still
> shows %0.0 for xastir using default refresh rate. If I got into the
> 'details' listing for xastir, clicking the update button about 20 times
> rapidly, I got one that went as high as 9.2, a few in the 3.8 range and
> a vast majority in the 0.0 range. All that within about an 8 second window.

Keep doing updates!  More tweaks have been going in.  A few more
yesterday, a few more today.

There's more that can be done to make the program more efficient, but
except for drawing maps, the gain would probably not be worth the
effort.  Right now the symbol() function takes the most CPU if you're
not drawing maps, but it's not a significant amount.

No effort has been expended yet to optimize map drawing.  Seems like
that's the next logical step.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer