[Xastir] And in an ERROR state.

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed Aug 20 13:00:12 EDT 2003

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003, David Smith wrote:

> Same problem with second.aprs.net and 10152.  Got to about station 200 and
> it stopped. It then stays "UP" for a long while, then "ERROR", then I
> haven't had the patience to wait for a reconnect :D

I played with this a bit on my slower dial-up from home.  Once I got
quite a bit of data going across, one or two of the internet
connections would drop me.  I didn't play long enough to figure out
whether retry was going to work on each, but it has in the past.
It's a long timeout though, something like 7 minutes to determine
that you were dropped, another 7 to start a new connect.

Could it be that you're not snagging the data quick enough across
the interface, the remote end figures that out, and drops you?

You might try a filtered interface to see if it stays up longer when
the volume of data is lower.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin