[Xastir] And in an ERROR state.

Curt Mills hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed Aug 20 14:13:02 EDT 2003

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Aug 2003, David Smith wrote:
>
> > Same problem with second.aprs.net and 10152.  Got to about station 200 and
> > it stopped. It then stays "UP" for a long while, then "ERROR", then I
> > haven't had the patience to wait for a reconnect :D

I just changed the timing from 7.5 minutes per interface check down
to 60 seconds.  That should at least get it reconnected more
quickly.  That should show up on the anon CVS server by tomorrow, or
you can do the change listed here for main.c if you just can't wait:

diff -w -r1.331 main.c
8008c8008
<                 net_next_time = net_last_time + 450;    // Check every 7.5 minutes
---
>                 net_next_time = net_last_time + 60;    // Check every minute

Even if this keeps your interfaces up more of the time, there's
still a root problem which hasn't been addressed.  Let me know if
you find out more about the root problem.  I'm particularly
interested in whether you're having other network troubles of some
type, or are on a slow dial-up and are overloading it's bandwidth.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin