[Xastir] Mofit/Lib Paths

Aaron ZL3UAR zl3uar at amayzing.co.nz
Fri Aug 29 08:46:37 EDT 2003

Hi,

Two background type questions from a newbie.

I'm using Redhat 9. When I install xastir/shapelib/imagemagic they seem to put
themselves into /usr/local/ instead of /usr/  especially /usr/local/lib
instead of /usr/lib where it expects them.

The ax25-howto shows that when you run ./configure for ax25-tools etc you can
specify ./configure --exec_prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var

Does/should xastir accept these params? Should I make symbolic links instead?
Is one structure old/new better/worse?

Question Two relates to Motif.  The INSTALL file describes installing Motif or
OpenMotif or LessTiff. What is the difference between them. Will any version
make Xastir work faster or look better?

Cheers,
Aaron ZL3UAR.