[Xastir] XASTIR on RH Linux 7.1...

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri Dec 5 15:08:57 EST 2003

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003, Jeffrey Nast wrote:

> I've been meaning to try XASTIR for the last 9 months. Finally
> downloaded v1.20 last night, burned a CD and put it on my RH Linux 7.1
> machine. Did the make and make install with no problems. I started the
> app and proceeded to configure it. Which is why I am writing. This is
> the first time I have ever had to compile something that did not have
> some sort of compile error or other problems! Good job guys (and
> gals?)!!! I'm impressed already!

But why are you running such an old version?  I run CVS, which makes
upgrading a snap.  1.2.0 is from six months ago.  That's forever in
open-source land.  December 1st snapshot or CVS should run better
for you.  I run CVS, which makes upgrading a snap once you run the
two commands to set it up in the first place:

    cd xastir
    cvs update
    ./bootstrap.sh
    ./configure
    make
    make install-strip

Thanks for the nice comments.  I've been assuming by the few
questions raised on the lists, and by the way downloads have been
increasing over time, that things are going well.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin