[Xastir] tnc startup files

Bryan Klofas bklofas at calpoly.edu
Mon Dec 8 15:26:51 EST 2003

Hello--

I got xastir working on my machine, it worked great. My problem is that
it would change all of the settings on the TNC when I connected it.
Since I don't have a personal TNC and use other peoples TNC's, I don't
really want to change their settings. So I left the "startup file" and
"shutdown file" fields blank in the TNC setup dialog box. Xastir hung
when I said OK to the dialog box.

Now xastir goes crazy on startup, taking %100 of the processor, and
can't be killed except by killing the terminal it was run from.

I make clean, removed all of the files in /usr/local/share/xastir/ and
/usr/local/xastir/ (not sure why it installed there), and installed it
again, but the same problem happens.

Anybody have any ideas about what to do? Next time I'll just create a
blank file called tnc-startup-blank.sys and use that one.

Thanks for all your help.
--
Bryan Klofas, KF6ZEO
Cal Poly State University