[Xastir] Re: [Xastir-dev] Diff for tiger_map.c that fixes colors on my system.

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri Dec 12 16:30:16 EST 2003

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Jim Chandler wrote:

> Don't know why this is, but a while back tiger_map.c was changed to use
> ModulateImage (not by me).

By me.  The reason:  The original method worked on some systems but
not others.  I changed it to ModulateImage so that it worked on
several systems that I had access to.  I usually use 16-bit color on
my systems, so that's what I tested with.

> It dims the background, but the cities become
> a very objectionable yellow and red, and the highway "signs" are a baby
> blue.

Agreed the colors sucked.  Mine have the bright colors for some
objects.  At the time it was either a choice of bad colors for some
objects, or have no image at all.

I'll try the patch to see if it works on my current systems.  If
it's the same as the original method, it's very dependent on the
ImageMagick version, possibly dependent on the colordepth as well.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin