[Xastir] Can't find X11 Libraries on new OS X 10.3 install

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Dec 17 10:31:56 EST 2003

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, Dennis Hudson wrote:

> I reinstalled a fresh copy of Mac OS X 10.3.1 and X11 1.0 using XFree86
> 4.3.0. Fink shows the placeholder installed properly and I see X11
> stuff at /usr/X11R6/ and /sw/lib/X11/
>
> I get the following error while running configure with either current
> CVS, developer release, or stable release of 1.2.x
>
> checking for X... no
> configure: error: *** Cannot find X11 libraries:  Please Install
> X-Windows ***
>
> I know X11 is working because I even tried compiling in an xterm window.
>
> I have all the other possible mandatory and optional libraries compiled
> and installed ready to go. Anyone have any ideas?

You're probably missing the X11 or the Motif/Lesstif header files.
On Linux, mine are in /usr/X11R6/include/X11 and
/usr/X11R6/include/Xm.

It's an often uninstalled thing on Linux.  They're usually called
X11-devel and Motif-devel/Lesstif/devel.  Not sure what the packages
would be called on MacOSX though.

Curt, WE7U			archer at eskimo.com