[Xastir] Can't find X11 Libraries on new OS X 10.3 install

Dennis Hudson n2lbt at n2lbt.com
Wed Dec 17 10:25:40 EST 2003

I reinstalled a fresh copy of Mac OS X 10.3.1 and X11 1.0 using XFree86
4.3.0. Fink shows the placeholder installed properly and I see X11
stuff at /usr/X11R6/ and /sw/lib/X11/

I get the following error while running configure with either current
CVS, developer release, or stable release of 1.2.x

checking for X... no
configure: error: *** Cannot find X11 libraries:  Please Install
X-Windows ***

I know X11 is working because I even tried compiling in an xterm window.

I have all the other possible mandatory and optional libraries compiled
and installed ready to go. Anyone have any ideas?

Dennis, N2LBT