[Xastir] Xastir, Internet Gateways and local digipeaters

BobDonnell at arkalmus.com BobDonnell at arkalmus.com
Wed Dec 17 14:34:03 EST 2003

Hi Chris,

If properly configured, the IGATE servers take care of this themselves.  It's up to the IGATE operator to specify an appropriate path for message distribution for their area.  They also keep a list of recently heard stations, and IGATE to the defined path if that station has been heard on an RF port recently - something like the last hour or two.  So all you should need to do is send the message to the station you wish to reach.  If you're on the internet only, you'll need to have entered a valid pass-code so that the internet servers will accept message traffic from you.  If you're on RF, all you need to be sure of is that the path you use from your station will get to your neighborhood IGATE.

Hope that helps!

73, Bob, KD7NM