[Xastir] AX.25 and Tiny Trak's

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Dec 18 00:58:51 EST 2003

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, Tom Robson wrote:

> Is there anyone on the list who is running xastir and who is using the ax.25
> interface who can receive data from the ax.25 port and have it provide data
> to xastir?  This is data coming directly from the tracker and not from a digi.
>
> I have been using a Tiny2 recently and if I use the <listen> command, no
> direct data is captured.  If I use an old Mic-E unit in identical
> configuration it displays properly and is captured with <listen> command
> which of course results in xastir displaying the icon.
>
> I have not been able to find a Tiny Trak3, so don't know about it.

I've run TT1's and TT2's with no trouble with Xastir.  Not very
recently though.

I had trouble receiving a friend's TT2 at one point with Xastir.
Turned out his symbol and symbol table characters were programmed
backwards.  Ok, I'll confess, I set that one up for him and just
typed it in quickly instead of checking each field.  You might check
that.

I've also had trouble at times with TT's when I had long comment
fields in there.  Short fields or no comments seem to work the best.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer