[Xastir] AX.25 and Tiny Trak's

Tom Robson ve7did at dccnet.com
Thu Dec 18 01:34:16 EST 2003

Hi Lance:

> I am doing this on SuSE 8.2 with libax25-0.0.10 and ax25tool-0.0.8. I have
> been successful in viewing incoming data using `listen` from both a
> TinyTrak-II and TinyTrak-III (direct, no digi).

That's good to hear, so it will work!

> So I gather that `listen` doesn't show you the packets that come in from
> the TT2, but if a digi picks it up, you can hear that packet fine? Have you
> tried adjusting the TXDelay setting on the TT2? It could be that your
> receiver and TNC aren't quick enough for the TT2 with its current TXDelay
> setting.

No,  'listen' will not display them directly. I have adjusted the txdelay up
as high as 400 msec and still no joy.  With my old mic-e box,  it will work
just fine down to 150 msec so I am sure I don't have radio problems  and dev
is 3.0 khz on both.

> > I have not been able to find a Tiny Trak3, so don't know about it.
>
> I can loan you an extra I have if you want to troubleshoot with it, but I
> think the problem is probably elsewhere. The packets from the TT2 and TT3
> are identical except for the TOCALL.

Thanks for the offer, but I think some folks have got one here I can mooch.
The TT2 is the one which Rolf DK7IN designed and also using his software.

It still looks like something with the ax.25 so I'll upgrade to
libax25-0.0.10 and see if that helps.

I can see it all now, betcha I'm gonna kick myself on this one...

...73 Tom