[Xastir] AX.25 and Tiny Trak's

J. Lance Cotton joe at lightningflash.net
Wed Dec 17 22:52:24 EST 2003

Tom Robson wrote:
> Is there anyone on the list who is running xastir and who is using the ax.25
> interface who can receive data from the ax.25 port and have it provide data
> to xastir?  This is data coming directly from the tracker and not from a digi.

I am doing this on SuSE 8.2 with libax25-0.0.10 and ax25tool-0.0.8. I have
been successful in viewing incoming data using `listen` from both a
TinyTrak-II and TinyTrak-III (direct, no digi).

> I have been using a Tiny2 recently and if I use the <listen> command, no
> direct data is captured.  If I use an old Mic-E unit in identical
> configuration it displays properly and is captured with <listen> command
> which of course results in xastir displaying the icon.

So I gather that `listen` doesn't show you the packets that come in from the
TT2, but if a digi picks it up, you can hear that packet fine? Have you
tried adjusting the TXDelay setting on the TT2? It could be that your
receiver and TNC aren't quick enough for the TT2 with its current TXDelay
setting.

> I have not been able to find a Tiny Trak3, so don't know about it.

I can loan you an extra I have if you want to troubleshoot with it, but I
think the problem is probably elsewhere. The packets from the TT2 and TT3
are identical except for the TOCALL.

73 de KJ5O
Lance

--
J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O
joe at lightningflash.net
Three Step Plan: 1. Take over the world. 2. Get a lot of cookies. 3. Eat the
cookies.