[Xastir] Re: [Xastir} Still getting crashes

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Dec 24 01:46:35 EST 2003

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003, Jack Reilly wrote:

> > It's in the map chooser now.
>
> But where?  I have Configure Tigermap  but no Enable Tigermap

Seems like we're going round and round on this subject with several
folks lately.

Check where your map directories are at.  They should be at

	/usr/local/xastir/maps
or at
	/usr/local/share/xastir/maps

If the former, and you're running a recent development snapshot or
the CVS version of Xastir, you need to run the conversion scripts to
move your map files to the new directory structure.  If the latter,
then we move on to the next problem.  I posted a detailed message
about the conversion scripts recently.  One has to be run as root,
the other as each user that has run Xastir before.

Next subject:  Check whether toposerver.geo/ tigermap.geo/
terraserver.geo are in those directories.  They should have been
placed there by the "make install" portion of the Xastir install
(running that command as "root").

If you've been running CVS Xastir, you may need to run
"./bootstrap.sh" in order to recreate your Makefiles so that the
new "tigermap.geo" file gets put into the map directory.

Assuming those files are there, you then need to run the Map->
Index: Add New Maps command.  After that, "tigermap.geo" should show
up in the Map Chooser.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer