[Xastir] Re: [Xastir} Still getting crashes

Jack Reilly aa6vn at pacbell.net
Wed Dec 24 04:01:45 EST 2003

> On Tue, 23 Dec 2003, Jack Reilly wrote:
> > >
> > > You need exactly one of lesstif/motif/openmotif development packages
> > > installed.  They all do the same thing, but the end effect is that
> > > the devel package you install will end up pointing newly compiled
> > > code at that specific library.  Older compiled code will continue to
> > > use the library it was compiled for.
> > >
> > > So... Installing multiple library files that do the same thing is ok.
> > > Installing multiple development headers will just cause confusion.
> > > I'd recommend installing openmotif-devel and getting rid of
> > > lesstif-devel and motif-devel.
> >
> > OK ... lesstif-devel is now deleted.  Do not have motif-devel .
>
> I'd suggest doing a "make clean", then doing this again:
>
> 	./configure
> 	make
> 	su
> 	make install
> 	chmod 4555 /usr/local/bin/xastir
> 	exit
>
> That will make sure that the compile used the openmotif-devel headers
> instead of the lesstif headers.  See if the new executable runs
> better for you.

I did all of the above. So far everything looks the same and I still do not
have Tigermap in the Map Chooser..

I did see this in the middle if ./configure:

configure: WARNING: pcre.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: pcre.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: pcre.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to bug-autoconf at gnu.org. ##

Jack         aa6vn at pacbell.net