[Xastir] Xastir to Windows

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Dec 24 20:46:00 EST 2003

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003, N9JCA Chris wrote:

> I have WINAprs setup on my Windows Box as N9JCA-10 and trying to run it as an IGATE
>
> N9JCA and KC4AMA are running Xastir 1.2.1 on their respective  Linux SuSE Boxes on  indiana.aprs2.net
>
> N9JCA-10, N9JCA and KC4AMA show up on the Xastir Box, but ONLY N9JCA-10 shows up on the Windows Box
>
> Why are Xastir Stations NOT showing up on the WINDOWS Box

Without looking at their packets, perhaps they're running
"compressed" mode.  That APRS format is and has always been in the
spec, but I don't think that many APRS programs have implemented it.
To date, I think it's only Xastir and APRSdos that have it.

Then again, could be something else.

> As N9JCA-10 is trying to be an IGATE then Stations N9JCA and KC4AMA should be able to talk to any station, weather they are
>
> TCP/IP or RF, this is not happening.They can ONLY talk to TCP/IP Stations.
>
> Are there some kind of settings we haven't setup yet? if so where are they?

There's a setting on the Configure-Defaults menu for allowing
Igating, then there's another setting per interface.  Both need to
be enabled to allow igating.

Also, a station must have been heard on RF within the last hour, or
Xastir won't igate message packets for them to RF.  If a station is
switching back and forth between RF and INET, or perhaps maintains
an existence on both, then most likely Xastir will send their
messages through INET only.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer