[Xastir] Still getting crashes

Jack Reilly aa6vn at pacbell.net
Tue Dec 30 14:46:30 EST 2003

On Tuesday 30 December 2003 07:28, you wrote:

> > jacrei@#:~/APRS/XASTIR/CVS/xastir>
> > interface.c:port_write(1):pthread_mutex_lock(&lock->lock) == EINVAL
> > Forgot to initialize the mutex object...
> > Returning 1 to calling thread
> > write_lock, Port = 1
>
> This would be a very bad thing if really true.  I haven't seen a
> problem with mutex locks in a very long time.  Can you tell me what
> you were doing at the time, and which windows were open?

I was not at the machine when that came up. On the screen there was a Tigermap
of the Bay Area and the Konsole screen on which that message came up.

> > {Dec 26 9:40 AM  Xastir CRASH}
> >  jacrei@#:~/APRS/XASTIR/CVS/xastir> X Error of failed request:  BadValue
> > (integer parameter out of range for operation)
> > Major opcode of failed request:  58 (X_SetDashes)
> >  Value in failed request:  0x0
> > Serial number of failed request:  20873515
> >  Current serial number in output stream:  20873516
>
> What sort of map files are you using?  Were you zooming/panning at
> the time?  Do you have station tracking enabled, Station Info dialog
> up with "Enabled Automatic Updates" checked, or perhaps weather
> alerts enabled?  I'm just looking for some reason that maps are
> being redrawn while you're not at the console.  Anything else that
> might have caused map redraws?  Using internet maps with a refresh
> tag in the .geo file?

Using Tigermap. The only one I have used so far. I was not at the machine when
this msg came up. I still have not been present when one of these msgs
appear.

Station tracking is enabled . Tracks are showing.

"Enable Automatic Updates" is not checked. Weather alerts  are not enabled.

Maps are  not  being redrawn. They have already disappeared when I read these
error messages. I then restart xastir to get the maps back up.

I don't know what a refresh tag is. My three .geo files are terraserver,
tigermap, and ttoposerver.

> The Station Info dialog thing might be another issue:  It used to be
> buggy a long time back.  I haven't played with it recently.
>
> Did you ever run the memtest86 program for a number of hours on that
> system?  I'd still highly recommend doing that.  An unstable system
> could still be the source of all/most of these problems, and it's
> worth knocking it off the list of possibilities.

I have neglected to run memtest86. I did not know I had it. Found it with Yast
and will install it and run it.

Jack    aa6vn at pacbell.net