[Xastir] Viewing PalmMaps Labels

Dick C. Reichenbach dreichen at columbus.rr.com
Fri Feb 7 16:48:01 EST 2003

I bought the whole set on CD from Mike Musick.  Very nice stuff.  The
new 2.5 and 3.0 maps do seem to be more accurate than before.

So I loaded them all into my xastir/maps/PalmMaps directory and told it
to load the whole directory.  Thanks to the new map chooser, I can do
that now.

There seems to be 2 different types of labels.  The labels were messing
things up too much, so I turned off "Enable Map Labels", but nothing
seemes to change.

Small towns show up at zoom 128 or smaller.  Bigger cities like
Springfield, Dayton and Columbus show up at all map levels.

If you can't fix the "Enable/disable Map Labels" is there a quick hack I
can do in maps.c that will turn off all citynames above say zoom 4096?

Dick Reichenbach - KC8OBZ