[Xastir] Can't get tnc & net data at the same time

Jack Reilly aa6vn at pacbell.net
Wed Feb 12 13:28:16 EST 2003

On Wednesday 05 February 2003 11:29, Curt Mills wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:
> > Xastir uses the same commands as most other free software out there.
> > Here are the steps to get it running:
> >
> >     ./configure (configures it)
> >     make (compiles it)
> >     make install-strip (or "make install")
> >     su (become root)
> >     chmod 4555 /usr/local/bin/xastir (change permissions)
> >     exit (from root)
>
> I goofed here.  Do the first "make", then the "su", then the 2nd
> "make" and "chmod", then the "exit", like this:
>

>      ./configure (configures it)
>      make (compiles it)
>      su (become root)
>      make install-strip (or "make install")
>      chmod 4555 /usr/local/bin/xastir (change permissions)
>      exit (from root)

There were several things missing and I have added them. But I am still stuck
at "./configure" !

When I run ./configure the last line is:
"checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X includes. Please check your
installation and add the correct paths!"

I have not been able to find out what is wrong here.  My PATH variable is:
"usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin"

The xastir-1.1.3 files were loaded into an  "XASTIR" folder . After the tar
zxvf I ended up with subfolders:
xastir
xastir113-2002-Dec-06
xastir113-2002-Dec-16
xastir113-2002-Nov-01
xastir113-2003-Feb-02
xastir113-2002-Nov-19
xastir113-2003-Jan-01
xastir113-2002-Oct-24
xastir113-2003-Jan-17

I have been workiing in the xastir folder and can't figure out what to do with
the others.

Sorry to bother you with this kind of stuff. I guess it's been longer than I
thought since I tried to install a downloaded program.

Jack     AA6VN