[Xastir] Can't get tnc & net data at the same time

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed Feb 12 13:36:27 EST 2003

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Jack Reilly wrote:

> When I run ./configure the last line is:
> "checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X includes. Please check your
> installation and add the correct paths!"
>
> I have not been able to find out what is wrong here.  My PATH variable is:
> "usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin"

Look in xastir/README.1ST and find the section about Cygwin.  It
should specify the steps to get up and running.

In particular, you might need to edit your /home/<user>/.profile
file in order to set up your PATH in order to find everything.

The files it's not currently able to find are in X11-prog package.
Make sure you installed that one.

> The xastir-1.1.3 files were loaded into an  "XASTIR" folder . After the tar
> zxvf I ended up with subfolders:

> xastir
> xastir113-2002-Dec-06
> xastir113-2002-Dec-16

> I have been workiing in the xastir folder and can't figure out what to do with
> the others.

You can do a "rm -rf xastir113*" to get rid of all of the xastir113
stuff.

We're still working on the configure script to adapt it to Cygwin.
Some of this stuff will be a bit better/easier soon.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin