[Xastir] Can't get tnc & net data at the same time

Jack Reilly aa6vn at pacbell.net
Wed Feb 12 19:46:47 EST 2003

On Wednesday 12 February 2003 10:36, Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:

> Look in xastir/README.1ST and find the section about Cygwin.  It
> should specify the steps to get up and running.

Searched the README.1ST and could not find any reference to Cygwin

> In particular, you might need to edit your /home/<user>/.profile
> file in order to set up your PATH in order to find everything.

Added this line to /home/jacrei/.profile::
"export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib"

> The files it's not currently able to find are in X11-prog package.
> Make sure you installed that one.

Searched the X11 package list. There are 60 of them but no X11-prog nor any
thing even close.  I read all the descriptions but could find any that looked
relevant that was not already installed.

> You can do a "rm -rf xastir113*" to get rid of all of the xastir113
> stuff.

OK.  There were actually 8 of them and I did not know whether I should keep
them.

./configure still gives me:
“checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X includes. Please check your
installation and add the correct paths!”

Jack    AA6VN