[Xastir] New configure.ac script - RPM upgrades

Olivier Calle olivier-n7tap at calle.org
Fri Feb 14 12:30:42 EST 2003

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Gerry Creager N5JXS wrote:
> Unless you can give me a real good reason, I'm still in camp 1.

I agree.  When Curt described some of this autoconf stuff, it sounded like
we would still be in camp 1, but now we aren't?

Distributing a configure file is what I see in all the source packages I
have ever used that had autoconf stuff.  We should not change that.
Xastir should build (for the users) with the familiar sequence:
./configure
make
make install

What we do in CVS could have more requirements than that, though, but not
in source releases that regular users will try.

Wow, that's more than I've written to the list in a while, time for a
breather... ;-)

--
Olivier Calle

internet: <olivier at calle.org>
work tel: 425-446-5088    home tel: 360-658-2692     To err is human,
callsign: N7TAP, class: Extra                        to really foul up
job:      Fluke Networks, Sr. Software Engineer      requires the root
WWW Page URL: http://calle.org/olivier/              password...
Psalm 48:14                        SPU Electrical Engineering Graduate