Fwd: Re: [Xastir] New configure.ac script

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri Feb 14 17:36:32 EST 2003

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Tom Robson wrote:

> > What I need to know is where did the festival include files and the
> > festival executable end up after being installed.
>
> Sorry about the last message.
>
> The executable is in /usr/local/festival/bin
>
> All of the other files are under /usr/local/festival
> such as:   .../festival/lib/...
>                ../festival/lib/include/...
>
> Here is why it worked before....
>
> # if test -f "/usr/bin/festival" || test -f "/usr/local/bin/festival"; then
> if test -f "/usr/local/festival/bin" || test -f "/usr/local/bin/festival";
>
> I don't want a unique sytem so perhaps I should reinstall under /home/usr/
> Will this install in the proper locations?

The typical places that software installs to are /usr and
/usr/local.  Usually software that's NOT installed via your OS
distribution will install to /usr/local/ (bin, lib, include).

I usually install Shapelib & Xastir into /usr/local/bin,
/usr/local/lib, /usr/local/include.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin