[Xastir] New configure.ac script - RPM upgrades

KC7ZRU - Tate kc7zru at arrl.net
Sat Feb 15 15:52:55 EST 2003

Aye, no argument there.

RPMs are convenient, easy and neat - when they work. When they don't,
they're the devil's own spawn.

In my viewpoint, being 'forced' to learn how to do things from source is
a good thing. I learn more, I gain more control, I understand more about
how things are happening.

Plus, binaries compiled on your own system are much more likely to be
'optimized' for your system. If you get into things and tweek a bit -
even more so. Any one say kernel yet?

But alas, there are still just a few things with a complexity level
beyond my current control. For others, they're easy - but for me,
they're not - so I rely on RPMs for those packages. Eventually.

If it weren't' for xastir, I'd be NO where near where I am now! Thanks
again guys!

73

--
        "The Dungeon" online at http://go.to/kc7zru