[Xastir] PK-900 and 2 Ports

BobDonnell at arkalmus.com BobDonnell at arkalmus.com
Sat Feb 15 17:09:13 EST 2003

Hi Steve,

I do know two ways you can solve this problem - one is to use KISS, the
other is to turn off the port anunciators.

If you look at the manual descriptions in either (or both?) the CUSTOM
command or the ABIT command, you'll find the mechanism for turning those
off.  I used to work for AEA back when the PK-900 was a new product, and
I know the functionality is there, but I haven't looked up the
appropriate 'bit' for making the change - I used the KISS choice.  I'd
look it up for you, but I'm at work - 6th day this week...

This also applies to those folks that might use a DSP-2232 with Xastir.
These products were based on product-specific assembly-and-link builds
from the same source code tree.  Much like building Xastir on different
platforms.

Hope that helps!

73, Bob KD7NM