[Xastir] New configure.ac script

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Tue Feb 18 11:08:21 EST 2003

On 17 Feb 2003, brenda wrote:

> the INSTALL text file really needs updating.....
> i did a cvs up -Pd ->> lost my ./configure .. and was lost!
> I checked out a fresh copy, wondering what was going on....
> still no ./configure, and no changes to the INSTALL instructions....
>
> it's monday morning now, and i've checked my email.... now i understand.

Two separate instances here:

    1) Developers/Users running CVS
    2) Users running a released version

We intend to have the normal "configure;make;make install" thing
work in the releases.

Only those running CVS will need to run this extra "bootstrap.sh"
script and will have to keep up with the developers in terms of the
automake/autoconf versions.

At least that is the current intention.  I've seen that even after I
build the "configure" script, running it invokes "missing" and
"automake" at times.  Not sure why that is.  Chuck?  Jack?

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin