[Xastir] A good question

Brian Heaton brian.heaton at janusresearch.com
Wed Feb 19 09:03:53 EST 2003

Curt/Jack,

	The only problem I've seen with DRGs is the wide variation of included
files from the various online sources. Most states I've looked include
some type of file with the Xastir required metadata.  The difficulty
(from the perspective of writing a "painfully explicit" document is the
varying filenames.  I don't see it as a big deal, but it could be
confusing to some users. I can give it a whirl and see what ya'll think.

	I don't recall which state at the moment, but I know I've hit at least
one that has its 1:24k DRGs online in MrSid format. That was a definite
turnoff for me.

			THX/BDH