[Xastir] MrSid (was --A good question)

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Thu Feb 20 11:25:16 EST 2003

The cost of the CD is the estimated cost in terms of time (human, $$$)
and media (CD, minor) plus postage (essentially small, fixed).  The
Legislature requires cost recovery of us.  TNRIS is a small agency and
has spent a lot of time trying to do the math.

(I'm a little biased.  I sit on the State GIS council...)

FWIW, they charge me the same thing as you.  However, a lot of the data
are available for free on-line.  If something's not available that way
and you can get specific, let me know and I'll try to get them to set it
up, or send it to me .  I'm writing, even as we speak, a grant request
for a multi-terabyte tape-store/disk (RAID) farm to provide a 2nd site
for all the TNRIS/State of Texas data, and all the Mesonet data.

gerry

Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Cell: 979.229.4301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.847.8578
Page: 979.228.0173