[Xastir] Problem to install from last CVS

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sat Feb 22 14:28:31 EST 2003

On Sat, 22 Feb 2003, Marco Calistri wrote:

> Hello after awhile far from APRS,today I decided to get latest xastir CVS,
> but I've get the following errors:
>
> [marco at linux xastir]$ ./bootstrap.sh
> Running aclocal
> Running autoheader
> /usr/bin/m4: configure.in: No such file or directory
> Running autoconf
> autoconf: configure.in: No such file or directory
> Running automake
> automake: configure.ac: installing `./install-sh'
> automake: configure.ac: installing `./mkinstalldirs'
> automake: configure.ac: installing `./missing'
> automake: configure.ac: installing `./config.guess'
> automake: configure.ac: installing `./config.sub'
> Makefile.am:2: option `dist-bzip2' not recognized
>
> Moreover there is not any "configure" executable on xastir folder(!!)

There's not supposed to be anymore.

I suspect that you need to upgrade your autoconf to at least 2.53,
and your automake to at least 1.6.3.  After that the bootstrap.sh
script should work properly and create "configure" for you.

If you don't want to upgrade those tools, you only have one other
option:  Download the last development snapshot which has "configure"
already built.

If you'd like to keep up with CVS, you'll have to upgrade those two
tools.  We've changed how we do things now for the CVS versions.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer