[Xastir] xastir slows system after a while

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon Feb 24 14:05:20 EST 2003

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:

> > Yea - CPU utilization goes up quite a bit after a couple days or so.
> > Seen as high as %95. Not constant, varies from 'hi' of anywhere from %50
> > to %75 down to %15 or so.
> >
> > Seems a big chunk is when the weather alert area maps are being drawn.

I'll be working on that last problem.  There's lot's of optimization
that can be done w.r.t. weather alert drawing.

I've also been working on how the weather alerts are stored.  It
appeared that the memory space used for alerts kept growing without
bounds.  Expired alert slots weren't getting re-used.  That would
have caused slowdowns as thousands of expired alert slots were
checked while Xastir was trying to find the small quantity of active
alerts to draw.  That situation is now better in the latest code,
but I'm still checking to see whether it's solved permanently.  I
_think_ it is but testing isn't complete yet.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin