[Xastir] Problem to install from last CVS

Chuck Byam cbyam at virginia.edu
Mon Feb 24 15:12:56 EST 2003

On Sat, 2003-02-22 at 15:29, Bob Nielsen wrote:
> This reminds me of a question I have been meaning to ask for some
> time--under what conditions is it necessary to re-run the bootstrap.sh
> script and create a new configure?

The only time you should need to run bootstrap is when configure.ac or
one of the associated MakeFiles files have been modified.  In practice,
you should run bootstrap after a CVS merge in order to ensure everything
is in sync.  If you have added a library (e.g., festival, ImageMagick,
etc.) you will need to run configure so that config.h is updated.

> I noticed today that when running 'make clean' after getting a cvs
> update, configure was run automagically.
>
> Bob, N7XY

The "new" process will do a dependency check when 'make' is run and, if
needed, will automagically rerun configure or one of the autoscripts..

-- Chuck