[Xastir] Problem to install from last CVS

Marco Calistri ik5bcu at tin.it
Sat Feb 22 18:13:30 EST 2003

On 22-Feb-2003 Marco Calistri wrote:
> Hello after awhile far from APRS,today I decided to get latest xastir CVS,
> but I've get the following errors:
>
> [marco at linux xastir]$ ./bootstrap.sh
> Running aclocal
> Running autoheader
> /usr/bin/m4: configure.in: No such file or directory
> Running autoconf
> autoconf: configure.in: No such file or directory
> Running automake
> automake: configure.ac: installing `./install-sh'
> automake: configure.ac: installing `./mkinstalldirs'
> automake: configure.ac: installing `./missing'
> automake: configure.ac: installing `./config.guess'
> automake: configure.ac: installing `./config.sub'
> Makefile.am:2: option `dist-bzip2' not recognized
>
> Moreover there is not any "configure" executable on xastir folder(!!)
>
> My autoconf,automake are installed:
>
> [root at linux xastir]# rpm -q autoconf
> autoconf-2.13-17
> [root at linux xastir]# rpm -q automake
> automake-1.4p5-4
>
> (note for Curt Mills:I removed the lesstif as you suggested some time ago)
>
> Regards,Marco

I answer on my own to this post:

The problem on ./configure was due old versions of my autoconf;automake,
by updating these,I compiled the new xastir succesfully,but I have the same
problems to use the *.map maps

(red stripes on the monitor as discussed privately some months ago with Curt).

Now the only doubt to cause this defect is that my ImageMagick version is the
5.4.7 instead of the 5.4.9.

73's

Marco IK5BCU