[Xastir] OpenMotif

Tom Robson ve7did at dccnet.com
Wed Feb 26 01:33:38 EST 2003

> I run on Slackware 8.1, but I did the following on 2002-06-18:
>     removepkg lesstif-0.93.34-i386-1
>     rm -rf /usr/X11R6/LessTif
>     installpkg openmotif-2.2.1-i386-1 (in extra)
> Later, on 2002-08-30 I did the following:
>     Removed all text from /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config/host.def because
>     it was left over from lesstif...

You are a genius.... I would have never found that in a million years. Solved
the problem.

> That last thing may make more sense once you look at what is in that file.

Wonder (maybe I shouldn't) why it not have any effect on the previous
versions of Xastir? The key word in the above is MAY. hi

> BTW, is OpenMotif good enough to fix your font problem?

I did that change as you suggested quite a while ago and it did solve the
font problems.

Thanks a bunch.  Probably other Slackware 8.1 users should note as well.
Problem does not exist with 8.0 which I normally use.  I guess it pays not to
upgrade some times...

...73 Tom