[Xastir] When someone has a minute...

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Feb 26 02:38:08 EST 2003

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, KC7ZRU - Tate wrote:

> Would you help me to understand what I saw go by tonite. Tonite's CVS
> update, when I ran 'make install-strip', it auto ran ./configure and one
> of the 'checks' was for a 'working nmap'.
>
> Why would the compiler/xastir/anything else to do with this care one way
>   or the other wether there was a working copy of nmap or not?

Cute.  I think you're mistaken, but it could have been kind'a bad
if you were not.  ;-)

"grep nmap configure.ac" yields:

AC_CHECK_FUNCS([getwd inet_ntoa memmove mempcpy memset mkdir munmap pow])

Perhaps you saw "munmap" instead of nmap?

MMAP(2)             Linux Programmer's Manual             MMAP(2)

NAME
       mmap, munmap - map or unmap files or devices into memory

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer