[Xastir] UGH!!! Shapefiles?

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Thu Jan 9 16:14:41 EST 2003

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Robert Grattan wrote:

> I'm having the same sort of problem (among other things) and tried Reuven's suggested test of "whatever.c"
> Here's what I got:
>
> [root at pye root]# gcc whatever.c -o whatever -lshp
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lshp
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Did you edit the /etc/ld.so.conf file, adding the directory where
the libshp.a and libshp.so files are installed.  In my case, I think
I needed to add either /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib to the file.

After that, run "ldconfig", which will create ld.so.cache, then
retry the compile of that test program.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin