[Xastir] UGH!!! Shapefiles?

Scott Clark scott.clark at sitel.com
Thu Jan 9 16:41:28 EST 2003

Update -

It's working.  My ESRI maps are now displaying properly - the detail is
indeed phenomenal.

Thanks guys for the help...  as it turns out, my problem was with Shapelib.
None of the RPMs I found for shapelib installed properly, and I had to make
sure they were uninstalled as I compiled version 1.2.9.  Not sure EXACTLY
what did it, but I started from scratch with the tar file, and the "make
lib" command worked.

I ran "configure" script for xastir 1.3, and it found Shapelib this time.

I compiled xastir, started the program, went to map chooser to choose my
map, and it came right up!!

All smiles here.  By Sunday I hope to have my weather station in McClelland,
IA online.  I'll post up when that's done.

This being done, can anyone suggest documentation improvements?  I've
written a couple HOWTO's before and would gladly rewrite a current one from
scratch for compiling xastir if need be...  suggestions welcome.

thanks,
Scott KC0MTH