[Xastir] What does "local" mean?

Reuven Z Gevaryahu gevaryah at netaxs.com
Thu Jan 9 23:12:44 EST 2003

Jack Twilley wrote:
> I'm looking at "Local Stations" and it's not showing what I thought it
> should show.  I was under the impression that only stations that were
> directly received (i.e., not relayed) would be listed there.  What did
> I misunderstand?  Is there any way to see only direct stations?
>
> Jack.
> (trying to measure improvement in antenna)

Local, in Xastir terms, is what you mean, but that menu item is really
"heard via tnc". It would be trivial to make it do what you want: Edit
list_gui.c at line 212 and at line 220, and change "ST_VIATNC" to
"ST_LOCAL". (I havn't actualy tried this, but it looks right. Famous
last words...) I think the menu name is misleading; and it would take
only a few minutes to make a second menu that does what you want.

--Reuven (KB3EHW)