[Xastir] What does "local" mean?

BobDonnell at arkalmus.com BobDonnell at arkalmus.com
Fri Jan 10 13:40:35 EST 2003

Another consideration is that you need to set this flag at the time that
the packet in question is parsed, and to not clear the flag if a
digipeat of a packet sourced by that station is later heard.  The flag
should only be cleared when the station's record is deleted, or in the
event a 'clear local' menu item is implemented.  No - that's NOT a
feature request - at least not from ME!

Parsing the digipeater field for WIDEx-y where x=y also depends on the
originating station playing "by the rules" by setting x=y in their
unproto path.  There's nothing in most TNC firmware (any?) that enforces
that entry.  So a station could set their path to be via WIDE2-7 and
it'd be within the protocol, but would spoof Xastir into believing that
stations that are 5 hops out are local.  Curt:  I'd expect Bill, WA7NWP
to try this later this afternoon...

73, Bob, KD7NM