[Xastir] What does "local" mean?

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri Jan 10 16:34:05 EST 2003

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Jack Twilley wrote:

> That sounds good to me.  Aren't we always using time_t instead of int
> in the database for expire-from-database?

Yea, but I'm suggesting that we add a time_t for heard_direct, and
at the time we check expiry, we also check this new time_t on
records and reset the heard_direct bit if it's too old.  Just using
the expiry timer for yet another task, not actually expiring this
object based on it.

This might not be efficient though, depending on how our pointers
are set up for the station records.  It might be better just to
check this time_t if we're in the mode where we're showing only the
directly-heard stations, then we don't take the efficiency hit in
other modes.

> Ah.  So it's something like this:
>
> I am eccentric.
> Bill does quality assurance.
> That other guy is bizarre.
>
> Sound right? :-)

That's it!  I'm the eccentric one, but I guess I didn't have to tell
you that...

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin