[Xastir] compiling and setup

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri Jan 10 15:42:26 EST 2003

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Robert Grattan wrote:

> Not sure I have actually made progress here.  Xastir ./configure is finding the shapefiles and ImageMagick; however the version of IM should be 5.5.4 as I got the latest via CVS.  I removed version 5.4.7 (rpm -e) but the 5.5.3 is from an earlier attempt although I think I hacked out everything connected with it.  Here's where I am:

> ImageMagick
>
> make[4]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/CORE/libperl.a', needed by `PerlMagick'.  Stop.

Sorry, can't help with ImageMagick compiles.  You'd have to go ask
those guys directly.

> Xastir
>
> checking for ImageMagick - version >= 5.2.0... yes (5.5.3)

Looks like it's still finding the imagemagick libraries from 5.5.3.
You need to get rid of the library files and any header files
associated with it before trying to put in a different version.

> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llcms

Xastir doesn't directly use the liblcms library.  I assume that's
another ImageMagick requirement for whatever you or someone else
compiled into that package.  Magick-config is supposed to take care
of these dependencies when actually using ImageMagick in other
projects, but as we've found out, it doesn't always do so.  Complain
to the ImageMagick guys, but first get ImageMagick compiled and
installed correctly, so that you are sure you're complaining about
the right thing to them.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin