[Xastir] Installing ImageMagick on RH 8.0 for xastir

Robert Grattan bgrattan at mwc.edu
Sun Jan 12 17:23:45 EST 2003

Is there anyone on the list who has had experience installing ImageMagick on RedHat 8.0?  I've tried several versions, both RPMs and .gz and can't seem to get the corect combination of files to run Xastir.  When I try to run, I get the error:
./xastir: error while loading shared libraries: libMagick.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

It looks like ImageMagic is installed as ./configure finds the 5.5.3 version, however I still get the same error.

Thanks in advance.

Bob N4MRV