[Xastir] Installing ImageMagick on RH 8.0 for xastir

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Sun Jan 12 18:13:32 EST 2003

My recommendation, following the advice of a number of folks here, is to
remove the version you got with 8.0, probably 5.4.7-5, and retrieve all
the package for RH 7.3 from either RedHat or Freshrpms.net.

Reinstall the ImageMagick-5.4.3.11-1.i386.rpm and
ImageMagick-devel-5.4.3.11-1.i386.rpm packages.  Drop me a note if RPM
doesn't want to cooperate, since I've had to fight that battle recently,
too, in 8.0.  5.4.7-5 is pretty well documented to miss several items
needed here.

An off-list note might be best if you would like more specific help.
I'll be glad to try.

gerry