[Xastir] Imagine Xastir on the Garmin iQue 3600

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Tue Jan 21 09:25:39 EST 2003

I think the idea is to incorporate a lot of the ideas that have been
floated by the developers into a new engine that still performs like
xastir, but offers even more functionality.  From my perspective, unless
Curt's had time to get a lot mroe of this into a spec format, we're not
ready to bend bits but we have enough ideas to start laying out the
framework.  Things like relational (and spatial?) database interface,
better raster and vector performance, more/better servers (integrate
javaprssrvr?), etc.  It's a lot more than just packet services on the
local box.

73, gerry

Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Office: 979.458.4020  FAX: 979.847.8578
Cell: 979.229.5301    Pager: 979.228.0173