[Xastir] New user...

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Jan 24 00:05:52 EST 2003

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Mark Dieterich wrote:

> - Is there a way to pull up a record off all the messages I've
> sent/received to my station?  I see a way of viewing all message
> traffic, but there doesn't appear to be a way of applying a filter to
> that stream.  I also have gotten popups when I send/receive a message,
> but once I close this, I can never seem to get it back again.  Am I just
> missing something?

If you try to send a message again (whether or not you intend to),
and type in the callsign of the person you were talking to before,
Xastir should fill in the history from the previous conversation,
assuming you haven't restarted Xastir in the meantime.

> - I looked through the archives and couldn't find anything about this
> problem, so I'll be brave and bring it up.  Has anybody else had
> problems with Xastir freezing/getting stuck in a read loop?

Yes.

> I'm running
> it configured with a local TNC (Kantronics KAM) using the
> tnc-startup.sys, an internet connection to first.aprs.net:23, and Tiger
> Maps.  Running an strace on the process returns that it is stuck in some
> sort of read loop, but I can't tell where.  I've just restarted the
> program (not the machine thank you very much windows!) and am trying to
> use the tnc-startup.kam.  I've also turned on TNC and Igate logging,
> perhaps I can figure out what it was doing if it freezes again.

You might try turning off all interfaces (if you're able to), or
perhaps trying to unplug your TNC from the serial port to see if your
TNC might have locked up and be sending gibberish to Xastir, keeping
it busy.

If you find out more about this, let us know.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer